Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY. ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE AND ANY PAGES THEREOF OR VIEWING ANY OF THE CONTENTS THEREIN SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW.
USA Patriot Act notice
"IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT OR CREATING A NEW CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR INSTITUTION"
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account or creates a new customer relationship with our bank. This means:
If you are an individual: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
If you are a business or entity: When you open an account, we will ask for your business name, address, tax identification number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see identifying documents.
All of the pages contained in this website are owned by Bank of China-New York unless otherwise indicated.
The Bank of China-New York logo is a registered trademark of Bank of China-New York. Bank of China-New York may also claim trademark rights on other marks contained in this website.
Use of Information and Materials
The information and materials contained in this website and the Terms and Conditions are subject to change. Not all products and services are available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to final determination and acceptance by Bank of China-New York. No investment products herein constitute obligations of or guarantees by Bank of China-New York. Investment services are not bank deposits or insured by the FDIC or any other entity, and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.
Any non-personal information submitted to Bank of China-New York via this website shall be deemed and will remain the property of Bank of China-New York, and Bank of China-New York shall be free to use, for its business purposes, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the information that a user provides to Bank of China-New York through this website. Bank of China-New York shall not be subject to any obligations to keep confidential any information submitted via this website except as specifically agreed by Bank of China-New York through a direct customer relationship or as otherwise specifically agreed or required by law.
While Bank of China-New York relies on customer information to provide high quality services to our customers, we respect our customers' trust first and foremost. Keeping customer (personal) information confidential, and using it only in accordance with the law, is the policy of Bank of China-New York.
1. Bank of China-New York will safeguard customer information in accordance with the law.
2. Bank of China-New York will use customer information in a reasonable manner to deliver superior service to its customers, which includes introducing its products, services and business opportunities, as well as administering those products and services.
3. Bank of China-New York will permit only authorized employees to have access to customer information.
4. Bank of China-New York will not reveal customer information to any third party unless previously agreed to by the customer; unless such disclosure is required by law.
5. Bank of China-New York will maintain strict control over the confidentiality of its customer information. Bank of China-New York may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed written interest in those companies' products or services.
6. Bank of China-New York will advise customers at least once annually regarding how these customers may remove their name from marketing/promotional lists. Customers may at any time contact Bank of China-New York to remove their name from such lists.
7. Whenever Bank of China-New York uses other organizations to provide support services, Bank of China-New York will require these organizations to conform to the Bank's privacy standards and allow the Bank to audit them for compliance.
8. Bank of China-New York will strive to keep customer files complete, up-to-date and accurate. The Bank will inform customers how and where to conveniently access account information (except when existing law prohibits it) and how to notify the Bank of any errors or inaccuracies, which the Bank will promptly correct.
1. Users can visit this website and find out about the Bank's products and services, or use other value-added services without revealing any personal information.
2. Users who do provide personal information should please refer to "Customer Privacy" above for more details.
Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) Notice
You may not use your Bank of China account in connection with any business of placing, receiving or otherwise knowingly transmitting bets or wagers by any means which involves the use, at least in part, of the Internet, or for any other transaction which is prohibited by Federal Reserve Regulation GG - Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006.
As a customer of Bank of China, these restricted transactions are prohibited from being processed through your account or banking relationship with us.
This notice serves as your disclosure.