Bank of China will not share the nonpublic personal information of current or former customers with non-affiliated third parties except:
- As permitted by law. For example, providing information to regulatory authorities, to law enforcement agencies, to printers who provide checks for your use, and to protect against fraud.
Bank of China collects the following information about our customers:
- Information you provide to us on applications and other forms, such as your name, address and phone number; your social security number.
- Information about your transactions with us, or our affiliates such as account balances, transaction history.
- Information gathered from consumer reporting agencies.
Bank of China maintains policies and practices that protect the security and confidentiality of our customer information. The policies provide for:
- Access to customer records being restricted to employees who we determine needs the information in order to perform their job duties.
- Maintaining and protecting information through security-enhancing software such as virus and intrusion detection software.
- Physical security at our buildings.
- Password protection on database access for employees.
- Compliance audits.
- Employee training.
- Backup and recovery procedures.
Bank of China and your opt-out rights.
Under the law, you are permitted to opt-out of our sharing of information about you with our affiliates under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and our sharing of information about you with non-affiliated companies, unless required or allowed by law. However, since we do not currently share such information, no opt-out action is necessary or provided. Should our policy change, you will be notified and given an opportunity to opt-out.
Because Bank of China respects your right to privacy, we have always placed a high priority on protecting the personal information you provide us. We are proud of the trust our customers have placed in us. Our promise is to continue to protect your right to privacy, in accordance with the laws and regulations. Bank of China is required to send an annual notice of our Privacy Promise, and notification when we make changes to our policies and practices.
Bank of China does not solicit personal or financial information from minors without written parental consent, nor do we knowingly market our products and services to minors.
Bank of China-New York strives to take appropriate steps to keep users’ account information accurate and up-to-date. Any user who becomes aware of any account information that is not complete, accurate or current should advise Bank of China-New York at the phone number listed on the account statement. The Bank will correct the inaccuracy immediately.