Internet Banking
Personal Customer
Business Customer
Personal Banking
Other Branches         
Home > Personal Banking >

1. How can I open an account with your New York Branch and Queens Branch?

Currently you have to open an account in person with 2 valid IDs, such as your passport, permanent residence visa (green Card), driver’s license or state ID.

2. Do I have direct access to my accounts in the BOC branches outside the U.S. or vice versa?

No. You cannot access your account you hold with our branch through a BOC account in China. However, you can transfer funds between your accounts in China and the U.S. through remittance service by sending us an application form
or requesting a remittance via our online banking.

3. May I open Renminbi accounts with you or convert currency between CNY and USD?

Yes. We offer RMB deposit accounts and currency exchange service between CNY and USD.

4. Can I do remittance by mail?

Yes. You can go to the index page, click on the Remittance link, then
 Forms”, to download the application form.  Please follow the instructions to fill out the form and mail it to the address shown on the form with required documents.(This service is for account customer only)

5. What are the advantages of being an account customer in terms of remittance service?

* More convenient - you can mail us a remittance application form with your signature and instruction instead of coming in to our branch in person.

*Unlimited amount - There is no dollar amount cap for an account customer.

6. What information should I provide to my bank if I want to remit money to China through your Branch?

If you remit money from your bank using our Branch as intermediary, you should provide your bank the following information about our branch:
* Bank name:             Bank of China
* ABA routing number: 026003269
* SWIFT code:             BKCH US33

7. May I use my Great Wall Credit Card to withdraw money at ATMs located in the U.S.?

Whether you are able to withdraw cash for ATMs in the U.S. depends on the type of card you have. If there is a NYCE or Cirrus logo on the back of your card, then you are able to withdraw cash from ATMs with the same logo. Otherwise, you may want to check with your card issuer to find out whether you can withdraw money from ATMs in the U.S.

8. Do you offer remittance SMS notifications service?

We offer BOC Wire Express Service which included automatic express notification on remittances via text message for beneficiaries in China who are mobile phone subscribers of China Mobile and China Unicom, the two largest wireless communication providers in China. This service enhancement is free of charge. To take advantage of this feature, simply include the beneficiary’s China mobile phone number on your remittance form.

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Security Alert |
Member FDIC - Equal Housing Lender